We are seeking an enthusiastic Landscape Architect to join our team in either Belfast or Dublin.
We are a UK & Ireland practice with strong connections across all of our studios in Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff and London. We work collaboratively as one team structured by sector, sharing resources, knowledge and skills. Ranked as one of the top 25 largest practices in the UK this year, other recent accolades include:
- No. 24 in the Best Companies Top 100 Best Large Sized Companies to work for 2022
- Winner Building Awards: Architectural Practice of the Year 2022
- Winner Building Awards: Every Person Counts, the people strategy award
- Winner AJ100 Sustainability Champion of the Year 2022
- Winner AJ100 Awards Employer of the Year Award 2021
We are seeking a Landscape Architect, who has completed a Post Graduate master’s in landscape architecture, along with a minimum 3 years experience in industry (post MA) working in a landscape practice, to join our Landscape, Masterplanning & Urban Design.
The successful candidate should ideally also have a BA (Hons) or Bsc (Hons) Undergraduate studies in Landscape Architecture and should either have CMLI or have started on the Pathway to Chartership, for UK qualifications or have MILI or are working towards the Corporate Membership of the Irish Landscape Institute.
You will get the opportunity to work on a range of projects in an inspiring and integrated design environment, alongside Architects and Interior Designers. Projects will vary in scale and complexity across our core sectors. You will need to be able to work as part of a team, be self-motivated and an enthusiastic candidate, with a passion for design and learning.
Required skills for the role:
- A passion for design and sustainable approaches to design;
- Good communication skills; verbal, written and presentation;
- Experience in working on projects in the UK and Ireland and understanding of UK and Irish Legislation;
- Experience of the Planning system and Building Control in Northern Ireland / Republic of Ireland
- Working within a team, and ideally has experience in multi-disciplinary team environments;
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM);
- Excellent CAD skills in Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks or AutoCAD;
- Experience in using Adobe InDesign; Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Experience in specification writing capability with NBS Chorus or similar;
- Have worked on projects that cover RIBA work Stage’s 3 Detail Design and Stage 4 Technical delivery; and Stage 5 On Site Construction, through Design & Build Contracts
- Have experience with Planter Partner, or KeySCAPE RT or similar.
The following skills would be desirable although not essential;
• Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) experience
• Desired horticulture experience
For candidates that have already started their Pathway to Chartership with the LI, or working towards Corporate Membership of the ILI we can continue to support these studies through our mentoring scheme.
Due to upcoming project commitments, we would require you to be able to start with the company in either August or early September 2023 subject to right to work checks.
Our Award winning schemes have included:
- Lot 2 Schools in Dublin and Cork- Winner of the Irish Construction Excellence Awards 2023 -BIM Excellence Project Award (up to €70m)
- The Wave, University of Sheffield – Design Excellence South Yorkshire Property Insider Awards 2023
- The Concourse, Public Realm, Sheffield – Civic Trust Awards Regional Finalist;
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh;
- The Movement Public Realm, Greenwich; and
- RIBA Home 2030 Design Competition- Finalist.
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy. We are also an Employee Owned Trust, which means our employees have a sense of ownership, a say in our direction and are rewarded for the part they play in our future success.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode, please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please apply through our website and send your CV, a covering personal statement, and three to four examples of your portfolio; hlmarchitects.com