We are seeking an experienced Marketing Executive to join our marketing team and support the ongoing growth of our award-winning Education Sector.
We are a UK & Ireland practice with strong connections across all our studios in Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff and London. We work collaboratively as one team, structured by sector, sharing resources, knowledge and skills. Ranked as one of the top 25 largest practices in the UK this year, other recent accolades include:
- No. 39 in the Best Companies Mid-sized companies to work for in the UK list 2023.
- Winner Building Awards: Architectural Practice of the Year 2023
- Winner Building Awards: Every Person Counts, the people strategy award 2022
- Winner AJ100 Sustainability Champion of the Year 2022
- Winner AJ100 Awards Employer of the Year Award 2021
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Executive to join our established and creative Marketing and Bid Team to help support our continued growth in the Education Sector.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications and working closely to support the Head of Education, the ideal candidate will be a creative, enthusiastic individual with an energy and drive for supporting growth and achieving positive outcomes.
A passion for the built environment and architecture is essential for this role.
We’re passionate about the role of education to transform lives.
You will be inspired by the impact your role can have on education and the ability that our designs can have to transform lives, You will be confident working within a team of senior professionals, leading the marketing communications in your sector with the aim of growing market share. You will be able to manage your own time, prioritising tasks and frequently working on multiple projects at any one time.
In return, you will be supported in your career progression and enrolled on the HLM Academy, our own internal learning pathway, and will be encouraged to seek out external courses to help build your knowledge and skillset.
- Support the Education Sector with all marketing activity.
- Coordinate and manage all sector-specific memberships
- Assist the Bid Team with collateral to produce winning bids
- Coordinate education events including award ceremonies, speaker events, round table events, regional networking events and exhibitions
- Identify, manage and own award submissions
- Coordinate sector marketing plans and campaigns that help build and strengthen the position of the Education Sector.
- Identify creative content ideas and newsworthy topics from the Education Team that position them as experts, and raise theirs and the sector’s profile
- Maintain the project tracker with all up-to-date information on sector project milestones
- Seek out newsworthy content to pitch to your PR team for consideration for external publications
- Gather client feedback at various stages of the project
- Manage and monitor the sector marketing budget
- Coordinate sector CV’s and project case studies to help support the bid team when new education opportunities come in
- Maintain and keep up to date all marketing materials, including the website, sector brochures and speaker bios.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or CIM equivalent
- 3 years + experience in a Marketing Executive role
- Computer proficiency including InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
This role will suit an experienced Marketing Executive looking to step up and take more of a leading role within a team. We would consider applications from candidates seeking a flexible role.
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy. We are also an Employee Owned Trust, which means our employees have a sense of ownership, a say in our direction and are rewarded for the part they play in our future success.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please send your CV.
Those shortlisted will be contacted.
HLM Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.