The Head of Hospitality will join our Senior Leadership Team and provide dedicated strategic sector leadership for our talented multidisciplinary designers across our 6 studios in the UK and Eire.
Our hospitality portfolio has grown considerably in the past few years, and we recognize the opportunity to further develop this exciting sector through focused leadership and investment. As Head of Hospitality you will be supported by a dedicated team with the ambition to make our design mark on this sector as well as grow revenue.
We’re seeking a talented and dedicated Architect or Interior Designer with the appropriate sector knowledge and expertise to exploit our burgeoning portfolio and further build our sector offer and reputation. Our design approach is rooted in a strong sense of place, creating destinations that inspire and linger long in people’s memories.
This is an exciting time to join HLM Architects with several high-profile projects underway including the Raddison Blu, which forms part of the Heart of the City development in Sheffield. Other major projects include work for: Intercontinental, Marroitt, and IHG; covering new build and remodelling/ refurbishment.
Why join HLM?
We are a UK and Eire based practice with strong regional connections. All studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. We are and Employee Owned Trust and share the financial success of the practice with our staff accordingly. Ranked as one of the largest practices in the UK this year, our most recent accolades include:
- 24 in the Best Companies Top 100 Best Large Sized Companies to work for 2022
- Building Awards Architectural Practice of the Year 2022
- Building Awards Every Person Counts, the new ‘people strategy’ award for 2022
Requirements of the Role
A fully qualified architect/Interior Designer with a minimum of ten years post qualification experience, you will exhibit the following skills/ experience:
- Experience working at a senior level in a UK architecture design practice ostensibly in the hospitality sector
- Ability to provide leadership and management of a large team
- Proven ability to manage client relationships at the highest level
- Experience of managing fee proposals, delivering successful bids, and projects
- A passion for design, the quality of the environment and client satisfaction
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Developing and delivering a sector strategy plan, in line with the wider business objectives
- Oversee and be responsible for the hospitality sector - projects/resource/recruitment/BD
- Be responsible for overall sector performance
- Report to the board via your board sponsor
- Build new client relationships and maintain existing relationships
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy. This role reports directly to the Board and offers significant career progression opportunities.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please send your CV and examples of your work.
Those shortlisted will be contacted.
HLM Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.