An exciting position has become available in our London Studio, for a Chartered Landscape Architect who is looking for that next step in their career development.
We are seeking a Chartered Landscape Architect (CMLI) to join our growing Landscape, Masterplanning & Urban Design team across the UK. The candidate must have experience managing a team across a wide range of projects, providing mentoring and guidance on a today to day basis. With project leader skills to run and manage projects, from inception to completion. Be a self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a passion for design and client satisfaction.
We work as an inspiring team alongside our Architects and interior designers, within an integrated design approach, on a variety of projects across our sectors, which vary in scale and complexity.
We are a national practice but with strong regional connections where all studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. Some of our recent accolades include:
- No. 44 in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Companies to work for 2021
- AJ100 Employer of the Year 2020 & 2021
- Building Architectural Practice of the Year 2020
Our Award winning schemes have included:
- The Concourse, Public Realm, Sheffield – Civic Trust Awards Regional Finalist;
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh;
- The Movement Public Realm, Greenwich; and
- RIBA Home 2030 Design Competition- Finalist
Candidate’s will need to have the following key requirements: Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute with the equivalent of 10 years post Chartership experience within the UK and will exhibit the following skills:
- Experience in working on projects in the UK
- Proven experience as a Project Leader, working across several projects and in multi-disciplinary team environments;
- Experience with the PQQ / ITT and other tender processes for new project opportunities.
- Good client relationship and business development capability;
- Excellent design skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation;
- Proven specification writing capability using NBS software;
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) experience
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM);
- Excellent CAD skills in Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks or AutoCAD;
- Experience across all the RIBA workstages 0-7;
- Excellent graphic skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Excellent report writing skills using Adobe InDesign; and
- Ability to mentor and support other members of the team through project development and Pathway to Chartership.
The following skills would be desirable although not essential
- Heritage Lottery Funding experience
- Desired horticulture experience
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
HLM Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
If this position sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please apply through our website and send your CV.