We are a national practice but with strong regional connections where all studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. Some of our recent accolades include:
- 24 in the Best Companies Top 100 Best Large Sized Companies to work for 2022
- Building Awards Architectural Practice of the Year 2022
- Building Awards Every Person Counts, the new ‘people strategy’ award for 2022
We are seeking a Chartered Landscape Architect (CMLI) to join our Landscape, Masterplanning & Urban Design team. The successful candidate will work with our inspiring architectural team, within an integrated design approach on a variety of regional and national projects across our sectors, which vary in scale and complexity.
Our Award winning schemes have included:
- The Concourse, Public Realm, Sheffield – Civic Trust Awards Regional Finalist;
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh;
- The Movement Public Realm, Greenwich; and
- RIBA Home 2030 Design Competition- Finalist.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work as part of a team as well as independently. A self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate, with a passion for design and client satisfaction.
Key candidate requirements include undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Landscape Architecture, a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute with the equivalent of 2 years post Chartership experience within the UK and will exhibit the following skills:
- Experience in working on projects in the UK and understanding of UK Legislation;
- Proven experience as a Project Leader, working across several projects and in multi-disciplinary team environments;
- Experience of the SAB Application process and requirements.
- Excellent design skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation;
- Proven specification writing capability using NBS software;
- Good client relationship and business development capability;
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM);
- Excellent CAD skills in Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks or AutoCAD;
- Experience across all the RIBA workstages 0-7;
- Excellent graphic skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Excellent report writing skills using Adobe InDesign; and
- Ability to mentor and support other members of the team.
The following skills would be desirable although not essential
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) experience
- Heritage Lottery Funding experience
- Desired horticulture experience
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode, please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please apply through our website and send your CV.