We are seeking an IT Administrator to join our team based in London.
We are a national practice but with strong regional connections where all studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. Some of our recent accolades include:
- No. 44 in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Companies to work for 2021
- AJ100 Employer of the Year 2020 & 2021
- Building Architectural Practice of the Year 2020
We are looking for an IT Administrator to work within a vibrant and exciting design environment providing fault diagnosis, resolution services, configuration and installation services and general support to a medium sized, multi-location Architectural Design Company. This role is ideal for a candidate looking for new challenges and autonomy to solve problems on their own and as part of a team.
You will enjoy working in a small-medium sized business environment, and you will always be keen to work with and discover new technologies. You will be willing to accept the associated variety and levels of responsibility that roles within SME's can bring. You will therefore be happy to turn your hand to a variety of IT tasks. You will enjoy working in a mission critical environment and will be calm and approachable when dealing with multiple user issues simultaneously.
This role will be currently a remote support role with attachment to our London studio. This may change to be studio based in the future with very occasional travel between our other studios in Sheffield, Glasgow, Belfast and Cardiff.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft platforms and Operating Systems specifically windows 10
- Thorough knowledge of Office 365 deployments; including Office applications, email, One Drive and Teams
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration
- Understanding of remote tools/connectivity technologies to assist users across multiple sites
- Knowledge of networking concepts, including wired and wireless networks, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Print Management and VPN’s
- Good understanding of the principles and management of active directory
- Exposure to and an understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to report to the I.T. Manager
- Skilled in hardware performance monitoring, analysis and maintenance
- Apple iOS mobile and tablet configuration / administration
- Desktop and laptop set-up, updates, software installation and maintenance
Preferable but not essential:
- Degree in IT-related course with a 2-1 pass mark (or equivalent certification)
- Previous experience working in an I.T. support role
- Understanding of Cyber-Security/data protection concepts, including firewalls, antivirus, email security etc
- Knowledge of business continuity / backup technologies and methodologies
- Self-management/ ability to work autonomously
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to listen effectively and show patience while working with end users
- Good punctuality, with excellent administrative and organisational skills
You will have the ability to explain technology to all levels of the business in a language it understands without complex jargon and ‘IT’ terms. An understanding that the ‘design product’ comes first and that the ‘IT System’ is there to provide efficiencies and automate tasks.
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please send your CV and examples of your work.
Those shortlisted will be contacted.
HLM Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.