We are looking for an Architect / Technologist / Building Scientist with a specialism in sustainability to support an increase in commissions for passivhaus and zero carbon buildings and support us in our ambition to deliver all projects to RIBA’s 2030 outcomes by 2025.
We are a national practice but with strong regional connections where all studios work collaboratively as one which is fundamental to our success. Some of our recent accolades include:
- No. 44 in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Companies to work for 2021
- AJ100 Employer of the Year 2020, shortlisted again for 2021
- Building Architectural Practice of the Year 2020
You will exhibit the following skills / experience:
- Experience working in a UK architecture/ environmental design practice
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team at all stages of the architectural process
- Technical capability and understanding of UK legislation and guidance in relation to environmental sustainability issues
- Is self-motivated with a passion for design, the quality of the environment and client satisfaction
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- A sound understanding of sustainable building design and delivery
- Necessary professional qualifications and be able to demonstrate recent experience of working on passivhaus or zero carbon buildings.
- Certified passivhaus designer or retrofit qualification desirable
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please send your CV and examples of your work.
HLM Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.